25 Historical Facts About Football :
1. Football was invented in China nearly 476 B.C.
2. Football is the most watched and most played sport on earth.
3. Only Canadians and Americans call football as Soccer.
4. 80% of the world’s footballs are manufactured in Pakistan.
5. The total length of the football field is 100 yards.
6. The football hall of fame is situated in Canton, Ohio.
7. The first Super Bowl game was played on January 15, 1967, between Green Bay Packers and Kansas City Chiefs at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California.
8. The North Korean Rungrado May Day Stadium is the largest football stadium in the world.
9. the world’s fastest goal listed in the Guinness book is one of 2.8sec which was scored by the Argentinian Ricardo Olivera for Rio Negro against Soriano on December 26 1998.
10. Australia scored 31 goals, which is a world record for highest goals scored in a single match with Australia’s Archie Thompson breaking the record for most goals scored by a player in an international match by scoring 13 goals.
11. In 2002 World Cup, Oliver Kahn became the first and only goalkeeper to win the Golden Ball.
12. Until 1913, Goalies did not wear different colored shirts from their teammates.
13. The World’s First Football Club was the English Sheffield Football Club founded in 1857.
14. In professional football the ball used has persisted just the same shape and size and for 120 years – 28 inches in circumference.
15. In 1937, the first live coverage of a football match was shown on television.
16. Bryce Brites a 20-month-old baby is the world youngest professional football player.
17. Greenland cannot join the FIFA because not enough grass grows for a football field.
18. Dino Zoff from Itally became the oldest player to win the World Cup at the age of 40 years.
19. Football balls are made from layers of synthetic leather while the bladders inside the ball are made from latex or butyl.
20. Asmir Begovic scored the fastest and longest goal in football history against Southampton On 2 November 2013.
21. Paul Pogba (Juventus-Manchester United) is the world’s most expensive football player.
22. The highest goals were 149-0 in a football game played between Stade Olympique de L’emyrne and AS Adema of Madagascar.
23. Cristiano Ronaldo, Ballon d’Or winner, became the first player who scored a goal in every single minute of the game.
24. Lee Todd holds the record of receiving the fastest red card in the history of professional football after he used foul language.
25. One of the largest ever football tournaments was played in the year 1999 in which a total of 5,098 teams had participated and more than 35,000 players took part.